Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tree of Life of Christians; Catholics, Protestants, JWs and other 3000+ denominations

Hi

Sometimes ago two JWs came to my house and told me that there had been no change in the Bible, it is impossible and opened before me following passage from the Urdu Protestant Bible (later I came to know that JWs don’t have their own Urdu Bible and hence they prefer to follow Protestant Version and not the Catholic Version): Revelation 22:18-19

18I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to him the plagues described in this book. 19And if anyone takes words away from this book of prophecy, God will take away from him his share in the tree of life and in the holy city, which are described in this book.
unquote

Incidentally I had a Catholic Urdu Bible with me which I was studying very intently, and I was much impressed by the contents. I brought that and put that on the table. I said let us check both the versions, so we started checking the list of books given in the beginning. We came to know that there were some six books in the Catholic Urdu Bible which were not to be found in the Protestant Bible.

They became pale and upset and went away.

So the addition or diminution of the books; and besides that many verses and chapters suggest, please don’t mind, that perhaps both the Protestants and Catholics have been cut off from the tree of life in terms of the above verses of Revelation 22:18-19.

What is the remedy?

Can both the mainstream Christian denominations agree to a version which should be acceptable to both of them?

May GodAllahYHWH bless them!

Thanks

I am an Ahmadi peaceful Muslim

No comments: